About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney, and I am 25 years old. I am a proud mommy of three beautiful children ranging from the ages 9 to 3. For the past 8 years of my life, I had become heavily addicted to both pain pills and heroin. I lived in this world of denial, and such horrible guilt and shame. In 2009 I began my recovery process and had gone and completed a 30 day program followed by some outpatient, thinking I was good and I had this disease figured out but boy was I wrong. In august of 09 I had a relapse, and when I went back out, life became unmanageable and so insane that I lost everything. I lost trust I worked so hard to get back, I temporarily lost the rights to my children, and I lost all hope in believing life could be better. Since February of this year I have been enrolled in a 7 ½ month outpatient program. In doing so, I have so much more understanding and appreciation for life. By me doing this blog, and talking about my daily struggles and thoughts I hope to show people that with a little bit of work and a lot of effort, life can get better and the possibilities are endless.

Monday, April 5, 2010

ACCEPTANCE!... (ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (THIRD ADDITION) PAGE 449)

ACCEPTANCE!...
Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.
When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation,
some fact of life which is unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept
that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is suppose to be at this
moment. Nothing absolutely "Nothing" happens in God's world by mistake.
Until I could accept my alcoholism (or drug addiction), I could not stay sober;
unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy.
I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world, as on what
needs to be changed in me and my attitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment