About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney, and I am 25 years old. I am a proud mommy of three beautiful children ranging from the ages 9 to 3. For the past 8 years of my life, I had become heavily addicted to both pain pills and heroin. I lived in this world of denial, and such horrible guilt and shame. In 2009 I began my recovery process and had gone and completed a 30 day program followed by some outpatient, thinking I was good and I had this disease figured out but boy was I wrong. In august of 09 I had a relapse, and when I went back out, life became unmanageable and so insane that I lost everything. I lost trust I worked so hard to get back, I temporarily lost the rights to my children, and I lost all hope in believing life could be better. Since February of this year I have been enrolled in a 7 ½ month outpatient program. In doing so, I have so much more understanding and appreciation for life. By me doing this blog, and talking about my daily struggles and thoughts I hope to show people that with a little bit of work and a lot of effort, life can get better and the possibilities are endless.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

DEAR ADDICTION!!!!

As part of an exercise for outpatient i had to write a letter to my youngest two children's father. In doing so and after reading my letter i realized that not only was i talking to him but i was also talking to my addiction:

DEAR ADDICTION,

I am writing you this letter to explain to you why this will be the last time you will hear or see from me.
Over the years, i had become obsessed and completely consumed with your life. You had me right where u needed and wanted me to be. Knowing i would do anything and everything for you. Always leaving me trying to fix the damage you have done weather it was with family or friends. For some reason in your mind you consider this love. But ultimately destroying my views on love and relationships which leaves me not able to trust anyone and HATE YOU. You walk around with your head held high acting like your life is so great and you got nothing but good things going on, while my head is always faced down holding onto the guilt and shame i have for all of the things we have done to our kids and to all of the people who have tryed to help us numerous times. I sit there looking at pictures of our kids, and wonder why that little bag of dope always seemed so much more important. We were blessed with 3 beautiful, happy and healthy children who really just wanted our love and attention, and would do just about anything to get it. Meanwhile there are people out there who will never get the chance to have their own children, and would never choose a drug over their kids. I have so much hate towards you just for the fact that you have messed up repeatedly while i got back to the kids and kept you in the home. always telling the how much you missed them and couldn't wait to see them and you did nothing when you had the chance. When i relapsed, you should have been there. you should have been the one telling them how much i loved them and missed them and couldn't wait to see them. But like always you couldn't be bothered and once again it was left for my parents to do. Seriously "HOW DARE YOU!!". You're like a leech, you'll take and take and use as much of somebody you can. Stripping away all their pride and dignity. leaving them wondering what they did wrong when really those were your in tensions the whole time. FOR WHAT?
Today i am telling you I AM DONE. I will no longer be your victim, and no longer will you rape me emotionally. I will no longer allow you any chance in ruining mine or my children's lives anymore. I can no longer accept your calls, your texts, or your emails. I am no longer putting myself thru your pity parties where its all about you and everyone else is always wrong. I have to now make you invisible to me, or to anybody who has anything to do with me. By me doing this, it's not payback because you so called got your life together, or because you got a new girlfriend. It's so I can move on and have the life I deserve and the kind of life the kids deserve. For me this is my closure to you. I am finally ready and able to say GOODBYE.

11 comments:

  1. Pamela Pfeil (Sheryll)March 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM

    I know it has been a long time since we have spoken, but for what it is worth this letter makes me really proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney... is amazing and i am so proud of you! Read this to yourself everyday and you will beat this! i know you can.... i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im sooo happy for you!! this was a great thing that you did! im sure it will help other addicts and it will def benifit you on your recovery! im vvery proud of you! rem life is what you make it and great things will come! reach for the stars and you will be sure to get just that! as Maryann would say! :) i love love you sooo mych! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way that was swabby's comment! i tried to write my name and it didnt come up! im not trying to be sneaky lol.. love always Jessica Pollier,,, palm tree and sparky bffe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW i had no idea. i know to many people who struggle with addiction. and ive always said i just dont understand but reading your blog is deff helping me understand. its great what you are doing it is going to help other addicts and it is going to help addicts loved ones. most importantly it going to help you by writing everything down is like therapy. very proud of you. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Thank you for allowing me into your world. I truly never understood what was going on with you and how difficult it is for you. It seems with your hard work & awakening we can be a family again. Im so very proud of you courtney. Life is good. Keep up the good work. You dont realize how strong & empowered you are right now..Love you Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOK AT YOU NOW. NOTHING CAN STOP YOU. EVERYDAY YOU MAY PISS ME OFF , YOU STILL MAKE ME PROUD. FINALLY MY SISTER IS BACK. KEEP UP ALL OF THIS HARD WORK IN THE END YOU WILL SEE HOW AWARDING IT TRULY IS. IF NOT ANYTHING ELSE YOU ARE GIVING YOUR CHILDREN SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF NOW, TAKING SOMETHING SO HORRIBLE IN YOUR LIFE AND TRYING TO HELP OTHERS IN NEED. I LOVE YOU AND WILL ALWAYS BE BY YOUR SIDE..DIDDER BUGS FOREVER AND EVER..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am proud of you Court! I think you are doing well with everything now. You are taking things one at a time and getting threw this. You are a strong person with strong people around you now that love and care about you. There is always an award at the end and that is the children that love you dearly. Just keep up the hard work and you know we are always here for you!

    Porkey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you girl!!!! Kepp working hard and everything will fall back into place!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO proud of you.... I sent you a personal message on facebook.....ck your messages;its between you and me, someone who loved you and cared about you since the day you were born. Your strength is amazing and so glad you found it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well said Courtney, and yes, it does seem like you are talking to your addiction to drugs and you are ready to be done with both the man and the drug.....I applaud you!
    Candi Russo

    ReplyDelete